Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sugar & The Nicotine Trick In Cigarettes

Welcome back to the official blog of the Niagara Falls Hypnosis Center! I'll tell new readers right up front that I go out of my way to make my writing style friendly and conversational, so I hope you enjoy my style. Onto this week's article...

The more I learn in the world of hypnosis and helping people to become non-smokers the more amazed I am at what cigarette companies do to "hook" new smokers and KEEP them hooked.

First, most people do not know this, but there is actually 1/2 a teaspoon in each cigarette! This was an astounding fact I recently learned. The fact that people have a difficulty giving up cigarettes "cold Turkey" can be partially attributed to this little-known fact about cigarettes. What this means is people are in many cases craving this unknown sugar and not the cigarettes themselves.

If you are a smoker, arming yourself with this knowledge will make quitting easier.

The second interesting fact is what's known as "The Nicotine Trick." Nicotine, that insidious substance in cigarettes, when smoked triggers a physical reaction in the human body which perfectly mimics the feelings associated with anxiety: the skin tightens, heart rate increases, "hairs raise on the back of your neck" and so on.

Here is the really sneaky part about this: this reaction by nicotine is a delayed reaction, meaning that the effect does not happen until 20 minutes or so AFTER the cigarette has been smoked!

This knowledge has a profound effect on the "positive" effects that smokers claim cigarettes give them. In next week's article, I will write specifically on why the Nicotine Trick is just that - a trick!

Until next time...

Best,

Cris Johnson
www.HypnosisHelpsNow.com
Office: 716.940.8963
Email: crisjohnsoninfo@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment